Thursday, November 3, 2011

mission: get through thursday

you know things are bad at work when you begin to read through your own blog (totally guilty of that right now) and then decide to write a new post. oy vey is it a slow day, but i am hoping things will pick up a little more this afternoon.

as i sit and wait for some of my clients to show up for session (i am a psychotherapist on wednesdays and thursdays at the moment, in case you were wondering), i am pondering good thoughts about the upcoming weekend. i am going to see the musical Godspell, which i am super excited to see! my good friend sarah and her husband just saw it this past weekend and loved it! check out her blog, small mom big city, to read what she had to say about it. i am going with my dad and step-mom and of course patrick, and this musical means a lot to me. i grew up listening to my dad playing the songs on our cream colored yamaha upright piano. my mom would sing a saucy rendition of "Turn Back Ole Man," and my brother and i would always burst out in the duet "All For the Best" on any given saturday morning or at a late night coffee house. i even saw a small production of it at a local community college once. so now, i get to see it on BROADWAY (i sung that in my head)!!!!!

also happening this weekend is the NYC Marathon. myabe i have become a running dork, but i love watching the race on tv each year. no, i will not be running in it myself..as if! but i do know a few people who will be running all 26.2 miles of NYC streets in each of the 5 boroughs...to them i wish them the best of luck and safety as they race to the finish line. i will watch you from afar, and maybe i will venture into midtown to congratulate some of the runners as they pass by.

so here is to the weekend. i just have to get through today...

this is beth signing off.
mission: wishing away my thursday :(

1 comment:

  1. so what did you think of the show? I hope you guys enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete