Friday, June 1, 2012

Airline Fail

Oh Delta, you have managed to keep me grounded in the worst possible place on the face of God's green earth...Los Angeles. Okay, for those of you who might read this and live here, I am sorry that you do actually live here. New Yorkers are known to loathe this West Coast city, and keeping with the trend, so do I. So why am I stuck in smog city? Well, I wish I could tell you. For some reason, Delta decided to move my 2:00 p.m. flight (Pacific Time) to 6:45! Patrick and I checked the weather in Kauai this morning, and it looked like smooth sailing and clear skies. So, I am left to ponder the question of what happened for 6+ hours since I landed at 11:30 this morning (PT). Now I have the pleasure of arriving in Kauai at 9:45 (Hawaiian Time...not sure if that is the correct time zone name, but you know what I mean) which is about 3:45 a.m. back on the East Coast. My trip thus far has not seemed to pan out the way I have wanted it to, but I guess, as the saying goes, it can only go up from here. Well, Kauai, you better bring your most beautiful weather, landscape, friendly natives, and lots of leis my way because now I am expecting the best. Good thing I know this little island will live up to my high expectations, because the laundry and Delta have surely let me down this week. I promise, my next post will be full of happiness, pictures, and the spirit of ALOOOOOOO-HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment